Friday, June 12, 2009

Engine Tear Down **WARNING GEARHEAD TALK**






So when we cracked open our engine we noticed quite a bit of carbon deposits on some of the pistons, there was also some pretty badly bent pushrods, some lifters were pitted and most were on borrowed time. In the process of removing the valvetrain components, I noticed right away the cam had two flat lobes by how little the lifters were lifting (no pun intended), so I pulled the cam and not to my surprise I had two flat lobes. We then flipped the engine and pulled off the pan and noticed a large amount of metal shavings, no bueno. On the bright side though I have 4 bolt main block and the cylinder walls looked pretty good, time for the machine shop! Now here comes the crappy cell phone pictures, when I get the chance I'll take better pictures 

No comments: